Visa can be obtained in your country or on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu,at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on Nepal-India border and Kodari on Nepal-China border. Visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission. Visa can also be obtained (renewal purposes) at Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.A valid passport and one passport -size photo with a light background is required. Immigration Department has not specified the size of the passport-size photo.
- Tourist visa: the foreign tourist visiting Nepal shall be granted the tourist visa
- The tourist visa shall be granted for the period in maximum of 150 days in a visa year
- Tourist who has departed before the expire ot the period specified in the visa issued in a visa year shall not be allowed to use the visa by adding the remaining period to another visa year.
- If any foreigner who has entered in to Nepal towards the end of a visa year desires to spend even the period during which he may stay in Nepal with the tourist visa of the other visa year he may use such facility.
- Provided, however, that the computation of the fees for such period shall be made on the basis of the total period of his stay.
Foreigners who have entered in Nepal to stay for a night in Nepal and willing to use Nepal’s airport to visit another country with plane ticket or foreigners traveling in he accidentally force landed plane for any circumstances shall be issued transit visa for one day.
- US$ 25 for tourist visa with multiple entry for 15 days.
- US$ 40 for tourist visa with multiple entry for 30 days.
- US$100 for tourist visa with multiple entry for 100 days.